Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CDA missing out on development
10-21-2014, 03:15 PM
CDA missing out on development
Residents of lower middle class sectors in Islamabad have protested against discriminatory treatment being meted out by Capital Development Authority (CDA) to their sectors as compared to posh sectors in initiation of uplift work particularly renovation and construction of roads.

The residents sectors of I-9 and I-10 complained that roads passing through their sectors have turned into ruins but no heed has been paid by CDA for their construction or renovation since the last several years. On the other hand not only the major roads of I-8 sector but also small roads running in the streets of this posh sector despite being in good condition are renovated and carpeted by CDA.

Citizens said that CDA MPO Directorate has started carpeting work of the roads of G-13 sector but service road coming from I-9 to I-10 sector (Seven Up Chowk) has become invisible to CDA as it has been completed neglected by it. This service road has been constructed four times earlier but after two or three weeks of its construction it is washed out die to sub standard construction material.

CDA spends all the funds in construction of roads and other development works in posh sectors including I-8, F-7 and F-8 but step motherly treatment is being given by CDA to the sectors including I-9, I-10, G-7, G-9 and others being populated by lower middle class.

The citizens have demanded of CDA to change its attitude and spend a share of its development funds for providing civic amenities and renovation and construction of roads in the sectors where lower middle class and low paid government employees are residing.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply