Pakistan Real Estate Times -  Pakistan Property News
CDA to launch Bus Rapid Transit Service in Islamabad - Printable Version

+- Pakistan Real Estate Times - Pakistan Property News (https://www.pakrealestatetimes.com)
+-- Forum: Pakistan Real Estate / Property News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Latest Pakistan Property & Economic News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: CDA to launch Bus Rapid Transit Service in Islamabad (/showthread.php?tid=15104)

CDA to launch Bus Rapid Transit Service in Islamabad - Salman - 05-25-2013 03:41 PM

ISLAMABAD: The Capital Development Authority is planning to launch Bus Rapid Transit service in the federal capital to facilitate the citizens.

This was said by Syed Mustafain Kazmi, Member (Planning & Development) CDA while addressing the business community at Islamabad Chamber of Commerce & Industry (ICCI).

He said CDA is also planning to develop a National Bus Terminal in I-11/4 to shift all transport to that terminal.

He appreciated the role of businessmen for promoting the local economy and assured that CDA will take priority measures to address all issues of business community to facilitate them.

He said CDA will fully cooperate with ICCI for developing a new industrial estate in Islamabad and informed that 60% work has been done to develop I-17 sector. He said CDA plans to establish parking plazas in commercial areas & open many new sectors including I-12 & I-15 etc. and added that 52 commercial plots will be developed in I-12 to promote business activities.

Syed Mustafain Kazmi said many reforms are underway in CDA including revision of byelaws, computerization of estate management, land management and other functional areas. These reforms will bring transparency, remove corruption and greatly facilitate the stakeholders of CDA.

He assured his full support for ICCI representation in CDA Board and allocation of a cricket to Chamber in Islamabad.

Speaking on the occasion, Zafar Bakhtawari, President ICCI appreciated the efforts of CDA for initiating various developmental projects in Islamabad and also briefed the Member Planning about the various issues faced by the business community. Bakhtawari demanded for allocation of a cricket ground to the Chamber so that members could take part in healthy activities. He raised the issue of change of trade and proposed that CDA should allow change of trade except for negative list which would help promoting investment and business activities.

He emphasized upon the CDA to provide car parking facilities in all commercial centers especially in F-6, F-7, F-10 & blue area sectors as well as develop all markets according to present day’s requirements.