Pakistan Real Estate Times -  Pakistan Property News
CDA’s negligence worsens condition of roads in Islamabad - Printable Version

+- Pakistan Real Estate Times - Pakistan Property News (https://www.pakrealestatetimes.com)
+-- Forum: Pakistan Real Estate / Property News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Latest Pakistan Property & Economic News (/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: CDA’s negligence worsens condition of roads in Islamabad (/showthread.php?tid=15013)

CDA’s negligence worsens condition of roads in Islamabad - Salman - 04-03-2013 04:47 PM

CDA’s negligence worsens condition of roads in Islamabad

Islamabad

The condition of roads in sectors I, G and H series in Islamabad is deteriorating with the passage of every day due to negligence of the Capital Development Authority (CDA).

The poor maintenance of service roads and roads in sectors of I, G and H series speaks volume of indifferent attitude of the civic body towards of plight of resident and motorists.

The residents of these sectors have accused that the authority has been spending huge budget in posh areas while no attention is being paid to sectors occupied by the lower and lower middle class.

Not only that the condition of service and sectoral roads is poor but the IJ Principal Road, which is used by the working class to reach Islamabad from Rawalpindi is also not in a good shape. “The smooth drive on IJ Principal Road because of small and big ditches and cracks has become almost impossible,” Nabeel Siddiqui, who travels from Satellite Town to Blue Area via IJ Principal Road.

The I-11 Service Road, which starts from IJ Principal Road and leads to the Kashmir Highway gives an impression as if its part of a far-flung area of the country. This road is used by the motorists to reach a number of government and private offices and educational institutions like International Islamic University and others.

Only on Monday, the Justice Shaukat Aziz Siddiqui of Islamabad High Court directed the CDA to immediately improve condition of road network in neglected sectors on priority basis.

It has been learnt that in light of directions from the Islamabad High Court, the CDA management had immediately approved a meagre amount of Rs7 million and some machinery was also moved to sector I-11 to start the maintenance work. “The CDA should have started maintenance work of roads much earlier,” one of motorists said saying that traffic jam on I-11 service particularly in morning and evening time has become a daily routine. CDA Member Engineering Sanaullah Aman told ‘The News’ that on Tuesday they started repair of I-11 service road from Nescom round about to Metro.